Friday, June 19, 2009

Invitaion: Fail

Today was one big boatload of fail in the invite department. It's taken me what seems like ages to round everything up that I wanted for invitations. The biggest problem with this is that I started looking at things entirely too early, so I kept changing my mind and I wasn't too terribly eager to commit to something. I was looking at new things every week so I didn't want to pick a style and then find something better just days later.

I bit the bullet today and decided to sit down and just do it. After about 4 hours I had Information Cards, Invitations, Reply Cards, A map; that I later scrapped. And I moved the ceremony time up 30mins.

We went to buy the Parchment Card stock, only to find that they had 3 sheets. I need roughly 105 sheets. Awesome. We went to Office Max to see what they had. Found something I wasn't super excited about, but we bought it anyways.

Time for printing! Wrong-o. The color machine was working, but the B&W wasn't. So they could print my Invitations... just nothing else, unless I was willing to pay 49 cents per page... which I was not. They said we could go to another location but that we'd probably have to leave everything and pick it up some time tomorrow.

So I have envelopes. No invitations.

But hey, we bought 4lbs of taffy for the shower. So it's not a total wash right?

No comments: