Sunday, March 14, 2010

Redecorating, it's true.

People keep asking me what I'm most excited about with the pregnancy. And in my head I yell REDECORATING! But I don't say that. Most people expect you to say things like: being a Mom, bringing home baby, watching them grow.

But I'm not there yet.

Right now I'm excited to move things, paint things, clean things. I'm excited to baby proof. You might be wondering why- I have 5 months to make this place comfy, pretty and SAFE for a baby. I want all of it done before the Peanut comes home so there's no worry. I know that as far as safety goes some of it will come as the baby ages; as in "...I had no idea you could reach that!" There are things that I can do in the mean time though.

I'm sure that by the time June and July roll around I'll get the Mom jitters and I'll be excited to bring the baby home. But honestly? If I started getting excited about all of that now I don't think I'd have any energy left in August.

So for now:

We clean!
We paint!
We organize!

...and snack

No comments: